02 July 2011

Splash!

I've been hearing about a "splash park" in Bellville.  Since yesterday was our first day of summer, I wanted to take the kids to do something fun.  So, we got in the car and I drove to where I thought it was.  Nope.  Then I checked my facebook post and followed my phone's directions to Clark Park (thanks, Jennie!).  Apparently, my phone doesn't know where Clark Park is...there was much turning around involved.  Finally, we got to the park.  And...it was a loop of parking and baseball fields and parking, but no park.

Hmm.  I could see more of the park in the distance, so I drove out of the park and tried to find the other side.  Surprisingly hard, folks, but I found it.  But again, no splash park in sight, only an awesome covered playground.  Luckily, there was a city number to call on the park sign, so I did.  Turns out, the splash park is actually a splash pad right behind the playground.  OH.  Of course it is!




If you decide to go, here's a tip:  it's RIGHT UNDER the water tower.




The covered playground is very nice, and a nice place to rest and play and get out of the sun for a bit.




And a great place for Mommygirl to read her new People while the kids play safely.  :)




Happy summer, y'all!

1 comment:

A Journey For Life said...

Glad you found in on your adventure to Bellville! :)
I guess we in Bellville talk big about it, as it is one of the "coolest" things to do here on hot days!!