24 October 2012

Days 23 & 24: if it makes you happy...

It's funny...I started October intending to be intentional for 31 days as far as getting my little business up and running.

But, as is so often the case, it seems God has even bigger plans.

It's been a time of introspection for me, and that can be pretty uncomfortable.

So I've found myself reaching for my favorite things often, just for comfort and familiarity in this time of flux and change.

After a whirlwind day of commuting and meetings and work, tonight I reached for my favorite jeans.  You know the ones, the Eddie Bauer mom jeans with the blown out knee.  The jeans I love to wear when my weight is down (ha--if you could SEE the size on the tag you'd laugh, it's so not a weight down size, and I'm still grateful for it!)...but I digress.

Tonight AWANA was laidback and awesome.  One little friend in particular has taken to sitting in my lap (when she can fight Noble off) or beside me during carpet time.  Tonight whenever we sat down she would sit next to me and when I got busy talking, I noticed her softly poking my knee, and I could feel the question in her gentle touch.  And then she rubbed the soft, 9 year old denim that's almost suede it's so worn.  She looked up at me and said, "Ms. Kristi, where do you buy jeans with holes on the knee like this?"  I just smiled and said, "I bought these when Kayci was a baby and the hole is from wearing them out."  She seemed content with that answer.

And you know what?  I'm pretty content with it, too.

My worn out mom jeans make me happy.
What makes you happy?

No comments: