14 October 2012

Day 14: Start as you Mean to Go On

A college professor used to tell us that about our classrooms:

Start as you mean to go on.

I think that applies to parenting, housekeeping, work, projects, organizing...everything.

If you start out with a structure in place and the end goal in mind, everything is just easier.

Well, I didn't start out designing t-shirts thinking I'd sell them one day.  I mean, I thought it might be fun, but I didn't really start out with the end in mind--I just started, and kept on making shirts.

And here we are 2 1/2 years later, and it's time to collect all of my t-shirt designs.

Turns out, I've forgotten more than I've remembered.

I've only got blurry, dark phone pictures of a lot of them.

I was obviously NOT thinking high-quality, website-worthy photography.

So...I've still got some figuring out to do.  But I think for now I'll have to start with just images of each design--think these will give people the idea?  I'll have some actual shirts, too, so they can see size of design and placement--but I don't think it's feasible to have an actual shirt for every design.  I guess we'll see how it goes and go from there.  This is one of the reasons I've had a hard time starting...too much mess to sort through.  This is a good lesson for me--follow my own advice, and be organized!






No comments: