01 May 2009

13 Years...

13 years ago today, right after the Sammy Awards (I won a Sammy but was sad because I thought I'd rather have the silver platter...turns out, I've gotten tons of mileage out of that Sammy Award!), I got a phone call from James.  We'd been best friends for a while and after I broke up with Steven we'd flirted with each other a LOT and been out for drinks more than I'd care to admit.  (I broke off that engagement, btw, thinking I'd see what it was like to be single for a while, perhaps sow some wild oats...)  Anyway, that night my best friend asked me if I would date him.  I don't remember exactly how he asked, but I do remember getting off the phone and thinking I must be the luckiest girl in the world.  And you know, I still am.

Happy anniversary, boy.  Thanks for a great love story, and a wonderful life.  I'm a happy girl.  :)  

1 comment: