10 December 2010

Rearview


I started this post on Wednesday...but you can see it got a little out of hand.  When I woke up Wednesday morning, I read a friend's blog post wondering how I do what I do.  To that friend, I say:  not well.  :)  Case in point:  Wednesday.  I thought I had about 30 minutes of purchase order work before Noble and I headed in to work.  5 hours later--seriously--I hit the road solo.  That same sweet friend called and when she heard the stress in my voice, she dropped what she was doing and drove in (when you live out in the country and have to come back into town...it's kind of a big deal, so I appreciated it!) to get Noble so he wouldn't have to be in the car for 3 hours (or more, traffic!) for a 2 hour meeting.  How awesome is she?  That made my week...turning in the purchase orders, though, made my MONTH...that work project has been a thorn in my side for the past couple of weeks and has caused much anguish BUT I hope and pray it will pay off in the long run.  So, Wednesday was a stressful day.

Then there was yesterday--we stayed in town all day!  It was great...Noble and I hung out at home (after a fun trip to WalMart to put together a thank you gift for my friend who won't accept $$ or gifts for babysitting, but I knew she couldn't refuse a gift for her boys) and Alex came over for a while.  The boys and I practiced cutting snowflakes, and it turns out, I suck at it.  Alex is OCD like me (and his Mommy!) so it was stressing him out to be cutting on the living room floor and leaving piles of little paper shapes.  That alone was worth the price of admission, just to make a big mess with a kid who hates messes.  He loosened up and we had fun...but alas, crappy snowflakes.  I had visions of these great snowflake garlands we could make.  Sigh.

Today--well, I'm not sure about today yet.  I need to catch up on my reports...instead of, say, blogging, but other than that, I don't have to do anything but enjoy the day with Noble and get pretty for my Boy's work party tonight.  Not too pretty, don't worry.  It's a jeans year.  But my cardi does have a little sparkle, if that counts.  :)  The kids are excited to hang out with Madeline--they LOVE her.  I love having someone who loves my kids come over and hang with them...she's the only non-family, non-friend babysitter we've ever used.  She IS a friend who feels like family, but we met her through Noble's daycare and so that's what I mean.  You get it.

Oh!  And maybe there are a couple of "little" things I need to accomplish today...the annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon is next Wednesday, and I need to buy...um, everything for that.  And figure out when to make the soup, make the soup.  It'll all come together.  More importantly, tomorrow we'll take Reagan on her 13th birthday scavenger hunt, so I have some things to put together for that.  We'll go to Austin first thing tomorrow for that, then bring Reagan home with us.  It'll be fun!  If you're counting, Reagan turned 13 a month ago--this is just the first weekend both families could clear an overnight for the big birthday weekend.  It's a busy time of year!  :)

Hmm...I think that's it.  Did I mention that I feel SO MUCH BETTER after the stress of Wednesday?  I also realized yesterday that I will have 9 days off right before Christmas...really off, no online work, either.  Can you believe it??  What's even better is that my Boy is off, too--and no school for Bitty.  I can't wait!  Well, I can totally wait, because there's a lot of fun December between now and then and I'm not ready for the holidays to be over, yet.

Sigh--I suppose it's time to say goodbye for now and move on to work for a few minutes.  And I need to figure out what to wear today.  Stinkin' weather.  If I don't "see" you again this weekend (it could be crazy, but fun!), have a great one!

No comments: