01 October 2009

Ya gotta have friiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeenddddddddddds...

So, today at MOPS we talked about friendships. B.B. (before Brenham), in my other life, I had tons of friends, and we were always busy. Some of those friendships from before have lasted and deepened since we've moved and changed, some of them have become good memories, and some of them are still the way they've always been. :) And then there are my newer friends, mostly Mommy friends (right?), some with nothing more in common than just the fact that we live here in Brenham. And then there are my MOPS friends, old and new, and my friends from church (both churches we've attended here) and from Kayci's schools and...you get the idea. I've got friends. Good friends and great friends, everyday friends and when we can friends. Old friends, new friends, work friends, play friends. Friends...where would I be without them? Thanks, my friends, for all you add to this wonderful life I'm living. And I hope you fall into this category, or have friends who do: the very best friends are the ones who, when I look at them, I see who I want to be. :) If you're one of those for me, thank you. (I had a great conversation with one of YOU today about parenting...the tears in your eyes broke my heart a bit, and I hope you'll give one of MY favorite Moms some grace. You ROCK--you just can't see it!)

Now rest up, girls...it's Round Top time and I'm ready for a sweet tea slushee. And perhaps a little Fair on the Square on Saturday...one for me, one for the kids. It's only fair, right? :)

No comments: