02 October 2009

Fun Friday!

Today I did something wholly and completely selfish--I took the morning off and went to Round Top/Warrenton with some girlfriends. I took money with me, but I expected to blow through it so I took the check card as well...thinking I might need to call James and do some bartering if I found something I didn't think I/we could live without. But you know what I found? Something in me has changed this past year of living on a budget. Sure, I saw several cute shirts and dresses I would have liked, and I found a Wolverine kitchen that I really wanted...but I wasn't even TEMPTED to buy them. And my only regret? Not grabbing the awesome $26 scarf dress...dang it. But I digress.


I spent $7 total (well, plus $ for parking and of course, my sweet tea slush). I bought a couple of bangles for my Bitty (pink and green, of course!) and for myself, I bought this AWESOME jar. For what, you ask, do I need one more jar? For this...can't wait!

James picked me up and we had a great lunch outside at Must Be Heaven, then did a bit of shopping. It was an unexpected treat, and a great date in the middle of an already great day.

What an awesome day so far! It will get even better later--we're going shopping for our pumpkins and squash (porch & table decorations) and we might even put together our scarecrow. And Melissa might come visit--yahoo! Or we might go to dinner with the Bogans. Whatever happens, it's already been a great day. I'm a happy girl!

No comments: