08 October 2009

Wild about my wardrobe...

I may be in a fashion rut. It's a comfortable rut, but a rut nonetheless. It started with a great pair of flip flops last fall...leopard print. I found myself wearing LOTS of brown and black and khaki--usually some combination of the three and/or denim--so I could wear the flip flops. I even got a second pair when they went on sale, that's how much I love those shoes. Then spring came, and I fell in love with my giraffe print flip flops. You got it--so then I wore a lot more brown and sometimes brown and white together. And then I found these awesome zebra flats...so I started wearing more black, sometimes black and white or black and gray. And so on and so on...until this summer it seemed that I alternated between my brown maxidress and my black one. So now it's time to put the dresses away and find a new "uniform." Yesterday I dressed for work (didn't actually leave home, but that's another story!) in a knit dress and leggings and put on my new leopard flats. I felt so cute! and was soooo comfortable. I joked with James that I just might make THAT my new uniform, would he notice if I wore a different version if it everyday? He looked at me very seriously and said, "you already do." Huh? He explained, "everything you own now is black or brown." Hmm...by golly, he's right. And guess who's been stocking up on brown, black and white at Old Navy this fall? Yup, that'd be me. And guess who's got a great pair of cheetah flats in addition to those leopards? Again, that'd be me. Hmm. Well, I can always mix it up with one of my (ahem) three orange cardis. Or maybe my silver flats...
And by the way, I'm totally wearing a brown button-down over a white tank and, of course, the giraffe flip flops. With my old favorite jeans with a blown knee...maybe I'll change 'em before the parade tonight, maybe I won't. :)

No comments: