28 April 2011

Listening





Bedtime reading comes and goes around here...we'll fall out of the habit, realize it, get gung ho, fall out of the habit...you get the picture.

We just finished reading "The Magician's Nephew." It's the prelude to "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." Kayci really enjoyed it and, surprisingly, Noble sat quietly through each chapter, as well.

Tonight we were driving, and Kayci asked a question about Digory. Noble gave a long explanation of how the gween and yewwow wings (rings) work: the yewwow wing takes you weft, and the gween one takes you back to your Dad.

That's not exactly correct--but that three year old remembered sone pretty crazy details about the story.

While I could pat myself on the back for raising such a smart kid, I think I'd better spend that energy rethinking the shows Daddy and I watch "with" Noble some evenings. The kid's obviously listening...we just need to make sure it's stuff we want him to hear.

No comments: