31 July 2009

Stir Crazy!

I know this is just a season, that before too long my kids will be big and won't need--or want me--anymore. Well, at least they won't want to admit it. :) This week has been a big challenge, and judging from the way I just snapped at Bitty, I'm about at the end of my rope. Geez. She's gotten into the habit of talking, literally, all of the time. After a week of holding a sick baby and trying to keep her busy and not feeling left out, I'm about out of energy--and patience. I need a shot in the arm, a little morale booster. Who knows, maybe I'll throw them in the car and we'll go get some ice cream or something later. Or maybe I'll leave them with Daddy tonight and sneak out to see a real, live R-rated movie (scandalous, I know!). Or maybe I'm just grumpy because I rushed through my shower while Noble was sleeping and accidentally overdosed on the Victoria's Secret body spray afterwards...that's what I get for not wearing my Happy, right? So I took another shower but the smell is still there...guess it could be worse.

Things aren't bad at all, just a little off. I can do "off" for a couple of days, but 5 in a row is wearing me down. I've got a couple of great ideas for work that I want to explore, but I may just have to wait until next week. Oh, well...it's a season. I'd better enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments: