21 July 2009

Dirty Little Secret


Mornings have been kind of weird since James has to be at work and I don't like to take Noble to school until 8:30 (when the 2nd teacher arrives...I know, I know...). Anyway, it's been hard to fit in the little things like, oh, breakfast and a shower for Mommy. It is EXCELLENT play time, though, I have to say...it's a nice big chunk of time when Noble plays really hard, all over the house. But back to the dirty little secret...

The kids and I spent some time at Mom's earlier this summer so I could do some work in Houston. One of the things that amazed me was that every morning, Noble would stop whatever he was doing and run to the TV when Mickey Mouse came on. After like the 3rd day, I started paying attention so I could turn on the TV at that time and buy myself some time to work or shower.

One morning a couple of weeks ago, I was particularly desperate to get a shower and get Noble to school on time, and I remembered that we have a sample DVD of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," so I pulled it out and plugged it in. Sure enough, same thing...20 minutes of a fairly contained Noble. So now, on the days that Noble goes to school I have a dirty little secret--I turn on the TV.

Hey, I'm not proud. But I'm also not dirty, so win-win, right? :)

No comments: