14 July 2009

The Other Side of Me

I love, love, love being a wife and Mommy. I love that Kayci thinks THAT's my job--she tells people I'm a stay-at-home mom, even though Uncle Sam can tell you I still work full-time and bring in a full-time paycheck. :) So that tells me that we're doing something right, that she really believes that she and Noble and Daddy are my #1 priorities...but don't get too warm and fuzzy, because this is the same kid I threatened to send to summer camp if she interrupted my work one more time last Friday (I don't work around her very much, but there are days--like today and tomorrow--where it's inevitable. And she's got a house full of toys and art and books and STUFF...I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to entertain herself for a while. But I digress...).
Anyway, yesterday I had to go in to Region 4 for a meeting, and it was a good morning. I'm excited about what's coming next there, and being able to write more than I have in a while. Which brings me to my point...I love my life as a Mommy and wife. But like I told a friend of mine yesterday at Region 4, I also love the other part of my life--the work part, the writing part, the stretching and growing and DOING part. I know that this is a season in my life, and in 20 years I'll (hopefully!) have all the time in the world to write and work if I choose. So I embrace every day right now and enjoy this time. And when I wonder "what if..." I had chosen to focus on my career more, "what if" I had more time to work, "what if" I could focus and get a book written...well, then I have to take a step back and look around at this life of mine and be grateful once again.
So that's where I am today. Enjoying where I'm at, but also hopeful about where I might go with my work. Wondering when I'm going to find the time to do the work that needs to be done before school starts...but knowing that it'll work out. I have faith. :)

No comments: