07 July 2009

Apple, I love you...

The stork came yesterday and delivered our 3rd child. Nah, not really--this one was about $400 less than the original, so it really wasn't that bad. :) I have resisted the upgrade and held out for video. When we found out the 3GS would have video, James and I just said, okay. We went last week to buy it (I had called ahead to make sure they had it, but bonehead that I am, I asked about the wrong phone...still not quite sure how that happened!) and ended up paying for it and ordering it. Yesterday I got the e-mail that it was in, so we went buy last night to pick it up. I also decided yesterday, coincidentally, that the AT&T store around 5:00 is its own little Purgatory, so I will not be going there again when everyone's just getting off work. But I digress...long story short, it was worth the wait. The Maps app alone was worth the purchase price. You can keep your GPS--I love, love my iphone Map. The video feature is also sweet--it's got like a mini imovie, you can edit it right there on the screen, which is just crazy cool! So, well, well worth the price of admission. If you, too, have been holding out, I'd say go play with one. OH! And the video? You can e-mail it...or send it to your YouTube account. How awesome is that?? This phone is going to make my teachers so happy--think about all of the cool things I'll be able to post now! And the kids videos for the family...this is going to be so fun!

3 comments:

Rachel and Brian said...

As long as they're good things! :)

MommyGirl said...

Dear Rachel,
This is your summer. Enjoy me. Go back to bed.
:) Kristi

James Pharaon said...

What had happened was...

Kristi called the AT&T store and asked them if they had any new iPhone 3Gs in, and they told her "yes!" Unfortunately, Kristi, not being a geek, forgot to ask if they had any iPhone 3G Ss in, which is the new phone.

)BTW - they're still selling last year's iPhone 3G for $99 if you have been on the fence about getting an iPhone but didn't want to pay $200.) But as Kristi said, the extra $100 for a 3G S is worth it and then some!