07 July 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

I've never been a girl who digs bad boys. Not that I've been looking for the past oh, 13 years, but still...never been a fan of the bad boys. Watching the Bachelorette this time has been particularly painful, as all of us (except Jillian) figured out the cowboy needed a black hat back at what, the 3rd episode? Listen up, ladies--bad boys are fun to watch on TV. They're fun to fantasize about, if you're into that. But you don't marry them. Trust me--I've seen it with too many friends. You think the bad boy is exciting because you confuse the drama for passion, but after the smoke clears from the wedding, all that's left is d-r-a-m-a. Most of us have enough drama in our day-to-day lives without adding the bad boy mess to it. People don't really change. If you're lucky, you get better as you age and mature...but who you are on the inside doesn't change. Your behavior can change, but YOU don't change. Selfish stays selfish, stupid stays stupid and so on. So that's my beef this morning--bad boys. Nice guys, you rock. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
PS--If you're wondering, I married the nice guy. He's as exciting and fun and passionate as a bad boy, but without the d-r-a-m-a. I think the key is the balance.
PPS--I only have one single friend right now (crap, I think...sorry if I'm wrong) and she's dating a wonderful, wonderful guy. Good call, singleton--he's a keeper. You know who you are...

No comments: