20 July 2009

It came, it really came!

Motivation, that is! I knew if I psyched myself out by giving myself PERMISSION to be a slug today, I'd get off my a@# and get something done. Sure enough, it worked...before this had a chance to even post on Facebook, I'd gotten through what I NEEDED to do today, and now I'm very happy to say that my house not only looks clean, it IS clean...deep down, smells clean, eat off the baseboards and floors clean. I even cleaned our cabinet fronts (always a battle in this dusty old house!) and attacked the Noble handprints in the kitchen & dining room. Sad, a little, about that last one, but I'm sure he'll oblige me and redo them soon. Now the iron is heating for my very last "job" before I truly will allow myself some time to rest before we go pick up Noble and start the 2nd part of our day. Yup, I said the 4 letter word...iron. I just don't do it anymore, that's one of the first things I gave up when #2 was born. And I used to iron t-shirts, dish towels and pillowcases, friends, so that was a LOT to give up. But I did and I haven't looked back. I think my mom has even gotten used to seeing me in crinkled linen, God help her. :)

So now I'm heading into part 2 of today feeling like, okay...bring it on, week--I'm ready for ya. I have a mountain of work to climb this week, but I can't WAIT until I get to the top of it...that's gonna be an awesome feeling! I've also got to keep soul searching and figuring out what my fall is going to look like, if I'm going to take on the other school district or not. I have mixed feelings about it...but that's another day. Today, I'm celebrating the fact that my house is clean, my daughter is happy (I've armed her with a spray bottle of water; she was in the bathroom trying out some new hairstyles in the mirror), and we've had a great day. It's not over yet, which is even better. I love days like this when we have a good mix of together-time (me & Kayci, it's a given when Noble's around that we'll have lots of cuddling & playing time), down time and getting stuff done time.

Now that iron's calling my name...looks like it hasn't forgotten me, after all. Cheers!

No comments: