07 December 2011

Favorite Things: Slightly Crazy Christmas Trees


I love slightly crazy Christmas trees.  Don't get me wrong, I love seeing pictures of y'all's perfectly coordinated trees, but that's just never been my thing.  I like trees that tell a story.

Here's Kayci's.  Hers is a mix of her favorite colors and ornaments she's made and just random stuff she likes.  It looks so cute with the lights on, but it's daytime, so...




And here's Noble's tree.  Yes, he insisted that he have the pink one this year.  And yes, he does have a primary and gold plastic tree topper that lights up...with a paper plate angel tree topper on top of said tree topper.  What's that?  Why, yes, that is a mix of dinosaurs, jingle bells, all things sparkly, and pink glitter ornaments...




And our family tree...Kayci asked me the other day if people would think our tree is crazy because it doesn't match.  I said, probably.  And I told her that when she grows up she can have any kind of tree she wants...but our tree tells the story of our family, and that's the way we like it here.  BTW, it really did feel taller before we brought it home.  Oh, well.  :)




1 comment:

A Journey For Life said...

You would love our tree then!! I believe these type of tree's have stories to tell and family meaning!! Love your trees!!