12 December 2011

Favorite Things: Pumpkin Snowmen

So...last year we went a bit overboard with the pumpkins.  I'm embarrassed to admit how much we spent. Suffice to say, it was enough that we were going to get our money's worth out of 'em!  So, when it was time to decorate for Christmas, I stacked them into snowmen and painted them white.  It was a lot of fun, and I was actually sad to take them down in January.  Well, this year James got the bug...he even asked some friends of ours if we could have THEIR pumpkins.  And some nice pumpkin fairy came and left a bunch on our porch (thanks, pumpkin fairy!)...I suspect because we're the only people around with pumpkins outside after Thanksgiving.  Well, yesterday James and Kayci got started.  I can't wait to see the finished product!  All I know is that this year there are a few different "scenes" going on in our front yard and there will be Christmas lights involved somehow.  :)


No comments: