15 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


I've been giggling like a little girl over this idea for the past month...let me start by saying  I am 99% sure this is an idea I have seen somewhere in the past and filed away in my brain...I highly, highly doubt this is original in any way.  

With that said, we have tons of faraway family.  In the past few years I've been so bad about sending Valentines and Grandparents' Day Cards...you get the idea.  One of my/our resolutions for 2011 is to be better about staying in touch, so I wanted to do something sweet from the kids for Valentine's Day.  

We started with a trip to the dollar store for candy boxes.  (FYI:  each box came with 3 chocolates.  We ate the caramels and...well, threw away the others.)  I modpodged scrap paper to both sides of the box.  

_MG_9393

And printed fun address labels and modpodged them to the box...



I used my Silhouette to cut out tons of hearts from fun scrapbook paper, and my talented Boy to shoot some pics of the kids and create valentines with them.  We always print our stuff at HEB--they do a great job and the price is right!  For each valentine, I strung several hearts on sparkly yarn in the hopes of creating a banner that would string across a doorway or mirror...you get the idea. 

_MG_9401

So when they open the box and pull the loop,  they'd pull out a string of hearts.

_MG_9409

I haven't heard from anyone how they came through the mail--I hope the scotch tape on the sides held together well.  :)  

_MG_9411

Just in case, a couple of hints on how to open the box.  You never know...

_MG_9414

And happy Valentine's day!

_MG_9403

If you want to see the pictures we used, they're on our family blog today:

No comments: