10 December 2009

Guilty Pleasure...Favorite Things

Noble and I are at Mom's house tonight; she had a cataract procedure today, so we came in to hang out with her. She's totally fine, albeit a bit annoyed that she can't see so well just yet. Makes it hard, but not impossible, to sew. :) I had a LaPorte meeting today, so Noble and I went to Gringo's for a while and hung out with the group. It was fun! We came back to Mom's and Noble played HARD for about an hour and a half...then absolutely crashed. I'll change him into his PJs in a bit...he's just too cute this way.


So, here's my guilty pleasure: bad reality tv. You know we don't have cable, right? We got rid of it when we lived in the Heights to help pay rent...and just got used to NOT having it. If we had it, I'd watch a LOT of tv, I know. That's why I love staying in hotels and visiting our parents, so I can watch bad reality tv after the kids go to sleep. :) And that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I won't tell you what I'm watching, because I'm sure they don't intend for it to be bad tv, but seriously, none of my housewife friends look like this. Geez. But I can't look away! Nah. I'm hanging out with the tv on and getting a little work done. I sat down yesterday with my "Fall 09" to-do list for my main job, and realized that I've made, um, zero progress on a couple of my biggest goals. I have had a very productive week work-wise, and I have a lot to accomplish by this time next week to be on track for the spring semester. Like you care, I know. :) I'm babbling because I'm avoiding getting back to work...but it's sitting beside me, calling to me. Sigh. I miss my Daddyboy and Kayci. It may be a long night!

No comments: