09 December 2009

Favorite Things

Oh, what a difference a day makes...the sun is shining and I woke up happy and motivated to have a productive work day today. Of course the sun shining helps...the clean house helps me focus, too. And the old jeans, and James' sweatshirt--told ya I wasn't wearing the zebra scarf or any zebra shoes today. Perhaps I wore the candy cane scarf this morning...don't judge me. It was warm and matched James' red sweatshirt. I'm not a big sweatshirt & jeans outside the house kind of girl, usually...

Anyway...today's favorite thing: a lazy Mommygirl trick. We live in an old, old house (wouldn't trade it for the world. Perhaps for another bathroom, but not for the world. Hee hee.). Old houses = lots and lots of dust. My least favorite chore? You guessed it. I've discovered, though, after years of decorating for Christmas with snowmen, pine trees, and polyfil snow, that there's a hidden benefit: a month without dusting. Ahh....You see, one of the things I'm trying to work on is my need (read: wild-eyed frenzy) to have a clean and neat house. I'm working on letting things go...not being so stressed and compulsive about having things clean. And neat. And in their places...see, I can't even write about it without getting uptight. But I've really, really made a lot of progress!

Here are a few pics--you'll see in a couple that we didn't go all out this year: the fruit & veggie stand is still on the buffet, our fridge top is the same...just with an ever-changing collection of random decorations. But with the snow, no dusting...and happy Mommygirl. Yea, me!




No comments: