02 August 2011

Oh.

James trusts me to take care of lots of things, and our medical stuff falls in that category.  This spring, Kayci and I had eye exams and got glasses and contacts, respectively.  I was waiting and waiting and waiting for the reimbursements to come...nothing.  I was getting huffy.  Where was our money?!  So I called and "took care of it."

Finally, a reimbursement came.  And it was a FRACTION of what I was expecting, and had told James we were "due."    And I was very frustrated by that, and even more so by the fact that the second reimbursement never came in.  I was seriously holding a grudge against those folks.  (But, of course, I've been too busy to make the phone calls...sound familiar?)

James asked me about it this morning and I said, I'll put that on my to-do list for today--I'll take care of it, Boy!  And I did.  Here's how that call went?

Question question question, slightly condescending tone on my part...

Answer I wasn't expecting...

What's that?  Ohhhhh.  Really?  Humbled tone now...


Hmm.


Okay.  Thanks!


Turns out, I had it all wrong.  Whoops.  The good news?  The way it is is the way we wanted it to be, but didn't remember changing it to.  (Horrible grammar, you follow?)

The other good news is, as dumb as I feel and yes, disappointed that no miracle check will be showing up, the other good news is I *also* asked a dental question I have been putting off for too long to admit here, then promptly hung up and made appointments for the kids to go to the dentist.  (Okay, okay, quit badgering me:  Noble has NEVER been to the dentist.  Ever.  And Kayci hasn't been in at least 2 years.  I know, I know, and I'm normally so anal about that stuff!)  As of today, the kids have a local dentist, no more driving to Houston and making appointments 6 months-a year in advance (although, in her defense, our Houston pediatric dentist was totally worth it!).

So there's the silver lining.

But I'm still feeling humbled by my straight-up stupidity.  Sorry, Boy-o.

2 comments:

James Pharaon said...

WHAT!?!? No check coming? But I already spent that money! Twice!

MommyGirl said...

Hey, that's my line! :)