29 August 2011

Happy Monday

Our new schedule seems to suit all of us.  Noble has a great mix of school and home and church...he's definitely enjoying being in school three days a week (four, last week!).  I am going to enjoy picking him up before lunch on Monday and Tuesday and having time with just the two of us to talk about his day and just...be.  Today was one of those days.  He was tired when I picked him up (he told everyone, apparently!), but in a great mood.  On the way home, we were talking about what our afternoon looked like:  home, lunch, potty, book, nap, carline.

I should probably interrupt myself here and tell you guys that a few months ago, James and I pulled our favorite cartoon books out of storage to share with Kayci, but we haven't gotten around to reading them with her, yet.  Last night the kids were ready for bed fairly early and I knew I was going to be reading for a while, so I pulled one out.  We all laughed out loud several times, and I had to stop a few times and remind them (okay, Noble) that we don't actually call people "poop head" or jump off of cliffs...you know, the normal warnings for kids books.  (?!)

Anyway...after I went through our afternoon plans, Noble told me he wanted to read that book again--you know, the one with the tiger and the wittle man dat makes bad choices.

So we ate lunch...fancy, no?




And read for a bit.  Hopefully you already figured out...we're into "Calvin and Hobbes" right now.  Or "Calvin and Bobs," as Noble says.  I just noticed that in this picture, there's an uncanny resemblance between our heroes.  Heaven help us.




And then we both slept for a while.  I didn't sleep well/much last night, so I stole a little nap, too.  But, in my defense, I did get up and clean the house from top to bottom for James' return, so I don't feel guilty about my nap.  Who am I kidding--I wouldn't feel guilty if the house was still dirty.  :)



Now we've put away all of the laundry, hung Daddy's "welcome home" banner...there's nothing left but to wait for him to get home.

Happy Monday, indeed!

No comments: