08 August 2011

Car-Themed Baby Gifts

I've always loved theme-y gifts (you know, a bathtub full of towels, washcloths, baby wash, lotion, etc.) or gifts that have special meaning.  In my old age, though, I've found that what I enjoy even more is taking one of those ideas and making a gift.  We bought Jackson's "big" gift, but then I made a couple of things we thought Lynn & David would really enjoy having.  :)




Lynn really wanted the sticky belly monthly stickers.  For one of her gifts we put 12 onesies in a box we decorated to match his nursery...the top says "celebrating Jackson's first year" and the vehicles going around the box say "January...February..." you get it.  BUT...of course I ordered the stickers too late, from a lady in Canada...so it was just a box of onesies.  Whoops!  A note:  just for a little flair, I tied each onesie with a colored ribbon.  It was a little thing that had a big impact, I think.




We thought it would be fun to do a picture frame where Lynn & David can put Jackson's monthly pics, so we cut out pictures of his onesie stickers and put them around the frame as place-holders during the year.  I hope this comes out cute, as I think it may be my go-to baby shower gift from here out!





One last picture...I have had "car bags" for both of my kids with extra clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. since Kayci was teeny tiny.  We wanted one for Jackson, but I couldn't find one cute enough for Lynn, so I made one.  This looked so cute with my kids' gifts inside...we used it as a gift bag just by tying ribbons and a teether to the handles.  :)

No comments: