12 March 2011

Seemed like fun at the time...

One of my favorite things in the whole world to do--and to teach!--is bubbles. Inside, outside, big, small...love 'em all. So, when I saw the new Crayola colored bubbles, I totally encouraged Kayci to buy them for Noble's birthday. Hmmph.

4 days later, he finally asked to play with them. I was thrilled! When I opened the bottle of purple, my heart wobbled a little. But then when we started churning out blood-colored bubbles and Noble and the deck were splattered with it, my heart SANK. I'm pretty easygoing with bubble mess...but this is a whole new level. It was fun and definitely colorful, but a little too messy to truly enjoy. Kayci just asked to go in and shower, and I'll be throwing Noble in the tub shortly after. Who knows how long I'll be cleaning up blue and purple dye?? Don't even get me started on what it did to their Chucks...

I don't think the pictures do the chaos justice. Really, I don't think I have any friends who would be okay with this level of destruction. Do I??



Can you see how the blue us everywhere??



Noble was blowing colored bubbles at his bubble rocket...



This is after a wipe...



The poor deck!

I don't think these will be our standard summer birthday gift as planned...we'll stick with Gazillions!

No comments: