14 March 2011

Focus

My to-do list is a mile long.  My house?  Trashed.  My kids?  Happy to be at home, doing nothing for a change.  My Boy?  At work so we can be at home with food in the fridge, roof over our heads, you know...little things we take for granted.  When I sat down to write, I was focused on focusing on my family, but do you see the order I listed things?  Work, mess, kids, Boy...wow, are my priorities out of order!  I don't even see God anywhere on the list, probably because I take for granted that He'll come along wherever I go.  How about I go where He leads this week, for a change?

I stole this pic from Angus--it cracks me up that we're all looking in different directions.  
If we were in a canoe right now, we'd be sinking!  

My focus this week:  keeping first things first.  Spending time in the Word, PRAYING, being quiet...spending time with my family, catching up with family & friends--and working in between.  The to-do list will take care of itself if I take care of keeping my priorities in order.  Doesn't it always?

You know what helps?  Dead car battery = homebound Mommygirl & kids.  For the morning, anyway.  I am thankful today for that dead battery and having time at home with the knuckleheads to do nothing or something, as it strikes our fancy.

No comments: