04 June 2009

This Season

Being here this week, immersed in my PPCD job, has been both great and not so great.  Great because I'm so excited about what's going on in the PPCD world...not so great because I'm tired and I miss my life!  :)  Today (Thursday, when I started this) I went to an awesome meeting at Region 4 about LRE, and another district that's courted me before offered me some contract work.  I don't know yet if I'll do it--or if it's kosher with GP if I do--but it's nice to be wanted, you know?  Right now there are actually a few things out there that could turn into great jobs, but I just can't do the full-time thing.  I can't!  It's kind of hard, because right now is a really exciting time to do what I do and there are some great opportunities out there. When I'm tempted to go back to work (traditionally, outside of the house everyday--let's face it, I pretty well work full-time as it is!), I think about rushing around every morning to get the kids shuffled off somewhere, working all day, then picking the kids up and rushing around in the few hours until bedtime.  And then I remember, this is just a season.  The kids won't be small much longer--which is another whole issue, they're growing so fast!--and one day I'll open my eyes and wonder where they've gone.  When that day comes I'll have all the time in the world to WORK...right now, my work is to do exactly what I'm doing, raising those kiddos and doing what I can to contribute financially.  It's a nice bonus that I'm able to do what I love to do...the way I do it...and that's enough.  

Funny, but a great support to this:  last night I fell asleep typing this post.  This week has worn me OUT!  Tonight we're going to do something totally silly as a family, like go see "Up!" in 3D.  I'm excited to get back home and figure out what our summer is going to be like.  I've got a ton of work to do this summer, but it'll get done...more importantly, we've got a birthday party to plan for NEXT FRIDAY and a summer to figure out for the kids.  James is working 7-4 this summer which has just been awesome this week--since we've been gone, he's gotten a ton of freelance work done AND he's played golf AND he's gone fishing.  :)  That's what summer's all about!!!

No comments: