09 June 2009

Fresh Summer

This morning Kayci and I went to the store for a few things...but once we got started on the fruits and veggies, before I knew it we had a basket full of fresh food.  It was so satisfying to get it all home and put it away!  A few months ago I quit using a bowl and started keeping the wire cupcake tower out for our fruits & veggies, and it's cool to see it sitting there, full of healthy stuff.  It's amazing how fast we go through the fresh stuff during the summer, but so satisfying to cut out the processed stuff.  When I was having trouble with my gall bladder, we cut out processed food almost completely and after my surgery, eating that way, was the healthiest I've been in years.  I was also not eating much meat at all, which made a huge difference...I started eating meat again when I found out I was pregnant with Noble, and sometimes I wish I'd just stuck it out and figured out how to have a healthy pregnancy without it.  It's been hard to really give up meat since then, even though it makes me feel like crap sometimes.  Sigh.  It all comes down to controlling what I put in my mouth...and moving more.  But that's another day.  I sat down around 9:00 to work and have done lots of things but not the report I actually sat down to write.  I'm enjoying sitting here, listening to Kayci sing karaoke--what fun!  

No comments: