13 June 2009

Hooray!!!

I just placed my Target order...I got our basic white dishes, the summer melamine set and a fun serving tray. Shh--I just threw the tray in, James doesn't actually know about that one. Oh, and a pair of sandals for Nobley so I could get free shipping--Kristi logic. But he needed them! So excited to get some boxes in next week...the dishes have been on our list since Thanksgiving, when we had 15 people and only 7 white plates so we had to use Solo plates. Sigh. We resolved that by next Thanksgiving, we'd have enough dishes for 15. So we've made good on that resolution.

Oh! And I also made a big (well, for me!) decision today. We've been talking about having a garage sale for a while, but today James and I talked about it and decided that it's not worth the time and energy...we'll do what we always do and take stuff to the mission. Strangely, this is a huge load off--now I can get rid of the stuff cluttering up our bedroom and once it cools off, we can do some serious "weeding out" in our storage unit. I don't know why, but this has been a big relief. For one, honestly, the earliest we could probably do a garage sale (according to garage sale loving friends) is September...no, that's Labor Day...so October, then. I can't hang onto this crap any longer--it's gotta go! Hmm...wonder if they're taking donations for the MOPS garage sale already?

I'm pretty random tonight, I know. For some reason, I've been having a hard time blogging lately. Well, not for some reason--what's on my mind most of the time is my Dad, and you guys don't want to hear about that 24/7. James keeps reminding me that it's going to take time, lots of time...but it seems like it's getting harder instead of easier. And that's all I'm going to say about that right now.

I'm sitting here in the living room with the laptop while Kayci sleeps and her little friend watches the end of the movie...as soon as Barbie dances off into the sunset, I'm off to bed. I'm too old to stay up as late as I did last night--and we didn't even take a nap today! No wonder I'm tired!

No comments: