03 June 2009

A Different Kind of Week

The kids and I are in Houston this week.  Kayci got out of school on Friday, but GP doesn't get out until tomorrow.  Since there's so much going on with my GP team, we decided it was best for me to come in for this last 5 days and finish strong.  So that's what we're doing.

Working 8-4 (ish...I don't do 8 well) and then being a Mommy for 5 hours has reminded me why James and I have made the choices we've made.  Don't get me wrong...it's do-able, just not for me right now with my little kids.  The paycheck for this week will be nice, but in the back of my mind, I'm still a bit bummed about missing "Opening Day" at the library at home and a few other things that were going on this week.  Silly, I know, but that's our life now.  This is, too...but not like this.  
I started this post an hour ago when all was quiet...now I've got one washed and dressed and one waiting while I iron.  Single parenting is something else that's totally do-able but, God help me I hope, not for me.  :)  

No comments: