08 June 2009

First day of summer!

I haven't quite decided what I'll blog about here this summer...I think I'll focus on the kiddos and what we're doing here at home. So here we go, on the first day of summer...

This weekend we heard some variation of "I'm bored" several times. Those words--or any variation--are guaranteed to send me right over the edge. So last night as Daddyboy and I sat on the deck talking over the weekend and summer plans in general, we talked this over and came to the conclusion that our life this year has been so OFF that Bitty needs to relearn how to play and keep herself entertained here at home. The child has every toy/game/art supply you name it in kid-dom. This morning she got out a stack of Dick and Jane books after breakfast and started reading. I thought, score! After a while, it started...the wandering, with puppy dog eyes and all.

So then I got a great idea: I told her to get a pad of paper and something to write with, and go through every drawer and every cubby in the office and make a list of what she's got. My thought was that she'd get reacquainted and get excited. My evil plan worked immediately...before she even got to the end of the first cubby, she asked if she could play with play-doh when she was done with her "work." I totally kept a straight face when I told her, magnanimously, to go ahead and play with play-doh now, she could work later.

Hee hee. Day one and counting...

No comments: