21 April 2014

days 16-21

I wonder how many times I've said this on my blog...the past few days have been a whirlwind.  There, I said it again.  A whirlwind of family and travel and work and worship and family and travel...and family.

Saturday, April 19th was the 5th anniversary of Dad's death.  Mom has been working for months on quilts for the kids made out of Grandpa's shirts & pants, and this weekend she gave the kids the finished products.  Noble and Kayci are in loooooove with their quilts, and have declared them their new favorite blankets.  Kayci's is backed in chevron (Mom basically made a second quilt top by piecing gray & white to make a really cute chevron pattern) and Noble's is backed in minky.  Chevron and something to wuv on?  The kids love, love, love these quilts and they've been on their beds (and on the couch) since we got home Saturday.  :)
Can we make this one days 16 + 17:  old and new?  

I did day 18, looking out...I enjoyed some alone time with my Boy Thursday night and Friday morning (thanks to Ronny driving over an hour to meet us to pick up Mom & the kids, thanks, Ronny!).  We needed some down time.  It wasn't exciting or flashy, and I can't speak for my Boy, but just a few hours of a good meal, a good night's sleep and some time outside watching him work really refreshed me.  :)

day 19:  favorite color

Duh.  I actually took this picture yesterday, but you've seen me wear these a LOT.  A couple of years ago for my birthday, Kayci gave me an orange beaded bracelet that she made and an orange scarf.  I have cherished those gifts, y'all, because she really thought about what would make me happy.  Orange makes me really happy.  I've lost track of how many times I've restrung those beads, but I love wearing them not just because they're orange, but because Kayci was thoughtful enough to make them for me.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.


day 20:  today I...

Well, yesterday I (along with my family and most of the people we know and love) celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Amen?  :)

It's kind of funny...I worked a LOT this week, along with my family of 4 and our pastor's whole family getting the Children's Ministry ready for an influx of kids yesterday.  We were so ready, y'all...and literally HALF of our regular kids were absent.  And we had 4 guests, total, which still meant we had fewer kids than a normal Sunday.  But we'll call it a dry run, we'll be ready next year.  Because here's the thing:  that's not the important part.  The important part is that we were able to focus on what really matters...Jesus.  What He did for you and for me, how He paid our debts and then overcame death to sit at the right hand of His Father, our Father, in Heaven.  Don't skip over that--that is what Easter is all about.

Now, I'll admit that all of our Clarkson traditions are egg & bunny related.  But that's not what Easter is, y'all.  It's fun, but it's so important to me to focus on Jesus during Lent and refocus on my faith and what He did for me.  

After church, we hopped in the truck and headed to Houston.  Nana and Dan were unable to go to church yesterday, so we wanted to spend some time with them and take them a good meal.  Well, I don't know if Luby's counts as a good meal but it's what we could do this weekend.  But I think the time itself was really the important part.  

Here's the one and only picture of us from Easter Sunday...I don't know if that's funny or sad.  I am still learning this ministry thing, y'all, and I'm going to have to find a holiday balance.  :)


When we got to Nana's, the kids headed right outside to play.  These aren't great pictures, but we were amazed at how long they played with sticks and that big ol' tree.  Loved it!



Nana's garden is pretty amazing, but most of it has gone to seed or been eaten by birds and squirrels since they can't get out to tend it.  The spinach is doing well, though, and James has snipped some a couple of times for them and for us.  I'm tempted to put some in here, because it's sooooo much better than what we buy in the store.  Here are my boys harvesting some spinach.  :)


day 21:  in motion


Here's another cheat...I snapped this last night as we were driving home.  The sky was absolutely gorgeous, a perfect end to a beautiful day.  What a blessing!

No comments: