28 January 2013

Project Life Update: Week 4

I know a couple of y'all are considering Project Life, so here's an update.


So far, I'm not doing so great with the updating each week.  I did the first 2 weeks two weeks ago, and then yesterday I did another 2 weeks.  I'm okay with that.  

Know what surprised me each time?  I could do a page on each DAY of our lives--it's tough to squish a week into 8 slots.  :)

All in all, I'm LOVING it--and I think my family's enjoying it, too.

This is where I was with the first two weeks...but I wasn't digging it.  So I did what Project Life says you don't have to do--I cut some pictures and reworked a few things.  And now?  I dig it!


See?  The after is much more me!


Here's the next 2 weeks...okay, okay, I cheated--it took me 3 pages to do these two.  But, part of that is because it was a 3 day weekend and we had TONS of fun with family and friends!  I was trying to make it all fit and then I realized, it's MY scrapbook--I don't need to be so legalistic this early in the game.  It needs to reflect what our lives are really like, and some weeks, our lives are jam-packed.


A couple of these pics made my blog and/or the family blog this week, too.  I think it makes sense that there's overlap...that's the big stuff.  Or, in my case, the little things.  :)


See the sweet picture in the bottom left corner?  That's our cousin Pauline, who passed away this past week.  We found out Friday and headed to Highlands on Saturday for her funeral.  I've been to some great funerals, but this by far was the best I've ever experienced.  It was 2+ hours of laughter and tears and hope and joy and faith and love...it was all about Pauline, and Pauline was all over it.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't call her or visit nearly enough, and I felt that tremendously on Saturday as we discussed who was related to who again after the funeral.  The person who would know is gone--Pauline was the keeper of dates and facts.  It's just made me think...a lot.

Tomorrow I'll share a great quote from her service, but tonight I have to get ready for family pictures!

1 comment:

A Journey For Life said...

Oh love!! I still have yet to order my stuff, so overwhelming but I know once I start it, it will be great!! Motivation is the key for me!