18 February 2010

Morning Light

Please excuse the photo quality--my phone is FILTHY, thanks to a certain almost-two year old.
It's Thursday. Yesterday was a LONG day, complete with a long commute and some issues that remain unresolved that I'm determined to leave in Houston, at work. What a blessing it was to drive out of the city yesterday and leave it all behind and enjoy the sunset (the skies between Brenham in Houston are worth the drive!). I got home and had some family time, then the kids were off to bed and James and I had a movie date (thanks, itunes & apple tv!). I only watched a little bit, but I think "The Time Traveler's Wife" was pretty good--thanks, boy, for letting me sleep!

I woke up this morning tired but refreshed, grateful to be at home. We had our weekly out-to-breakfast date at the Bakery (we alternate between Max's Donuts or Olde Towne Bakery) and then we went our separate ways. Instead of running errands like I usually do, or hitting the gym for a quick cardio session (ha!), I came home, grabbed my 2nd cup of coffee (another luxury!) and sat down to talk to my mom for a while on the phone. Then I checked my e-mail and basically wasted 30 minutes. Now I'm off to MOPS and then I'll run a couple of errands and come home to clean house. Today, I'm just going to be a Mommy and a Wife. And a Girl Scout Leader, but that's Mommy, right? I can't tell you how excited I am to take a day "off" and step away from the computer. It's been a long couple of weeks, work-wise.

I snapped the picture because the morning light is one of the things I love most about the little green house. While I'm sitting here taking note of all the things that are covered in a 2-week layer of dust, I'm also just appreciating sitting here. It's a beautiful morning, and I'm enjoying it. I hope you are, too!

No comments: