23 January 2010

I FINALLY Did It!!!

On Friday, I attended my first yoga class in Brenham.

The first yoga class I've attended...since I was pregnant with Kayci.

7 years ago.

It felt great--so great that it helped me remember how it feels to be in touch with my body, and to WANT that feeling back. I've logged a lot of gym time in my day (um, my day being pre-kids, pre-school 24/7, pre...grown up) and I had forgotten, until I was standing there by my old favorite piece of equipment, how good it felt to be at home in a gym. I remembered, walking around, how it felt to work out--every day--and how it felt to be thin. And how it felt to have real, live muscles...oh, I remembered.

So I'm not sure what's next. I joined the gym (also huge progress for me--I've been meaning to do it since we moved here...3 1/2 years ago). I'll be there Monday morning for yoga and a workout. I'll log a couple of sessions, at least, with a personal trainer to learn how to get from where I am to where I want to be.

And starting Monday (yep, that's me, Monday's a fresh start girl), it's back on the wagon with eating clean. And one fizzy a week. That's fair, surely. I can't do NONE. Well, I can...we'll see. Maybe I should think positively on that.

We'll see...but I'm ready for what's next. It feels good to feel good again. :)

5 comments:

A Journey For Life said...

Cheering you on!
What time are the yoga classes in Brenham? I teach and there are yoga classes in Bellville, let me know if you would like to go together sometime.

MommyGirl said...

I'd love to, Jennie! We'd LOVE an early morning or evening class that James could go to, as well...I should have asked you! :)

Heather said...

That is awesome!! I REALLY need to do something to get into shape. What gym are you going to?

MommyGirl said...

brenham Fitness, right by my house :) come with!!!

James Pharaon said...

You know that Mountain Dew I took with me after lunch today? That was MY one fizzy for the week. :)