04 November 2009

My plans, and THE plan...

I don't know what I was thinking, really, making plans for today. After traveling for several days with kids, no less, the nerve of me to make plans to work today. In Houston, no less.

Have no fear, though, as my plans quickly gave way to THE plan this morning when it was apparent that Noble wasn't going anywhere today. He and I ran some errands (it was fun, you can imagine) after dropping Kayci at school, and he's actually slept most of the day which means I did get some work done. Of course, now he's in his bed yelling "my Mom Mom, my Mom Mom..." because he's too tired to go to sleep. I put him in his bed and came and sat down for a second to see if it would work...so I could work for a while before sweet Paula drops Kayci off at home. (Thanks, Paula--so glad to skip car line today with the fussy one!)

Ah, but you see, there I went again, making plans. I thought I'd be able to put Noble down for a nap and get a couple hours of work in between James' departure and Kayci's arrival. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. Guess I'd better go rescue Bubby before he decides I've forsaken him. I know, I know...a sick baby means drop everything.

But I had plans....

No comments: