18 November 2009

Blow the Stink Off...

Remember in "Hope Floats" when Gena Rowlands tells Sandra Bullock she needs to "blow the stink off?" That exactly describes my mood this evening. I need to just quit talking to my poor boy, because he hasn't done anything to me and I don't have enough left in me after today to be patient with him. Or listen. Or not get grumpy when he complains about being tired--I'm the one who drove 4 hours today, worked 10 1/2 hours today, didn't get to see my kids, and oh yeah, slept less than 3 hours last night. Wah.

See? I'm a grouch, for reasons beyond James' control. I think I should just go to bed and start again in the morning. Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT day! Seriously, I've been looking forward to tomorrow all day long. I was at work today and I kept feeling like once my meeting was over, I could get in my car and head back to my "real life." I think that feeling is both a good and a bad thing...but that's another day.

I feel better already. I needed to whine some, so thanks for listening. I was in a good mood and ready to be home and face the chaos, but something happened that made me feel a little used and unsure of something (that sounds like the story line of a B movie, right?) that I'm not going to talk about here, but needless to say, after everything else today, it put me over the edge into the chapped zone. See, even that feels better.

Okay, I'm going to go hug my boy, apologize for being a grump, and find some protein. Good night, God bless...and thanks for helping me remember that I am blessed and grateful for the opportunities of today. And yup, I'm sooooo looking forward to tomorrow. I'm trying one of Jackie's recipes, so that should be fun. Hope it's recognizable after I get through with it!

No comments: