04 September 2009

Underwear in Public

this is kind of like showing my underwear in public, i know...

This is my desk. Well, one of my desks--if I took a picture of the other one right now I'd wake James up. :) Trust me, it's about the same. On the floor there, that's all of my stuff from staff development 2 weeks ago that I haven't had the time...um, well, haven't put away yet. And on the desk? That's the stuff from Kayci's back to school party that I need to finish putting away. And on my desk in our bedroom...a couple of months worth of stuff has stacked up as well. It's just that time of year...August, December and May are horrible when it comes to my work "stuff" just taking over. Every freaking year it happens, and every year it stresses me out. So, today I have a big project due...then I should have 3 days at home. Just family time, I hope, and time to get caught up on some little--and big--things that need attention around here. Like, say, clearing off my desks so I can be productive next week. Well, there IS that, right?

This came up because last night I was looking at a blog and really, unfortunately, coveting this woman's extra bedroom that she uses as "her" space. It was all white walls (love white walls!) and yellow painted furniture and red and blue accents...I just wanted to move my stuff in and be done! So, I said to my boy later, I know it's a few years away, but I can't wait to have my own "space." And my poor boy, forgetting my stress level, looked disgustedly at my "desk" (crap holder) in the office and said, you have TWO spaces. Why can't you use one of them? So then I had to whine a bit about how I wanted my OWN space with my OWN walls and my OWN stuff displayed to inspire me...and he totally got it. Because he's wanted his own space for about 4 years now, since he had to start sharing the office with me. And then Kayci. And now Noble. So he gets it.

Alas, I shall have a room of my own. And I promise you, it will be a happy place. A place where I can dream and write and create and make messes and clean them up and be productive. But until then, I've got a nice table waiting for me by my bedroom window. When I get it cleared off, that is. :) Until then...it's sofa city, sweetheart. A girl can dream, though. And blog instead of working which is why she's up at this ungodly hour...

(Oh, yeah, 16 candles, baby!)

No comments: