17 September 2009

Sponge


I am so melancholy today--for me, the hardest part of my job (well, my "main" job) is working so closely with people I care about. That means when they're frustrated, I take that on. When they're discouraged, I take that on. When they're sad, I take that on. And then when a bunch of them are all those things all at once, I truly could just sit and cry. Today's one of those days. I'm an optimist at heart (optimists can be sarcastic, too) and it's hard for me to sit back and just let the hard times happen--I want to be the one saying, "things will get better!! we can work this out!!" but you know, when someone's at the end of their rope, they don't need to hear that. So I'm waiting for the sun to shine again for my friends. Until then, I'm like a big ol' sponge that's soaked up all this stress...had the "why do I do this again?" conversation as I was driving home from Houston last night at, hmm, dark-thirty and knowing I had to do it all over again today. And it all comes back to the fact that I love what I do, I love who I do it for, I love who I do it with (erm, alongside, maybe?). So I'll pack up my spongey self and heavy heart and hit the road here pretty quick...

No comments: