03 September 2009

Mom-me (did you hear it?)


Today, I attended my first MOPS meeting in almost 3 years. Well, technically I only missed last year, but this was the first time in years I just ATTENDED a meeting. I'm there in no leadership capacity, just as a mom who needs some "me" time, some time in fellowship, some time to reflect and learn and hopefully, emerge a better wife, mom, person.

So I'm excited. It was a great first meeting, too--we actually watched a DVD from MOPS that explains the year's theme a bit, and listening to the speaker was like listening to my own thoughts. It was pretty intense and I have to say, a bit uncomfortable, because the things she struggled/s with are the things I'm struggling with. But that's another blog, another day. Hey, speaking of another blog...check out the blogroll--new MOPS blog today! Digging it, too! :)

I'm too tired to be witty or thought-provoking tonight. It's been a big day, all around. Something pretty big may be in the works at work...it's exciting but frightening all at the same time. Ever wished and wished and prayed and prayed for something...only to get it and then be like, crap, now what? Well, that's where I am today. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies in my tummy...and makes me want to go to sleep and wake up next year. But we'll get through it, and it'll be great. It's just a LOT to think about when I'm already so overwhelmed and tired. And I suspect the poor teacher this is happening to is there and then some.

I may be too tired to make sense, even. So I'll say goodnight...well, goodnight, blog, anyway. Time to work a bit then maybe go to bed early so I can wake up even earlier...big deadline tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: