12 November 2013

days 8-11



I'm a few days behind...right now I'm having a hard time hanging out online.  I don't think it's really a bad thing, though.  :)

day 8:  I was SO blessed to be able to take the day off and just be Noble's Mommy.  Not only did I get to tag along on the kindergarten field trip to Dewberry Farm, I got to hang out with one of my favorite friends on the way to and from.  It was a great day!  

Noble's teacher is one the best teachers I've ever met, and that's saying a lot.  I'm already sad that I don't have any more children to send her way.  She's such a blessing!

Noble was crying because he wanted to ride the slide again...his friends were right there to comfort him and move him along to the next thing.  

There was a mishap right after we got there with a bell, a mallet, a mud puddle, a strong little boy and a Mommygirl...I never saw it coming!



We booked it to Granbury on Friday so we could see Reagan and Gavin march in the Granbury HS band.  It was a loooooooong, dark drive...I don't think we'll be making it on Friday night anymore.  I won't lie, we were pretty miserable by the time we got there.  And then the band didn't march until well after 10--Noble was asleep in my lap long before then.  BUT, it was worth it to see our niece and nephew doing something they love and having so much fun doing it.  We were extra lucky to be there on the weekend of their glow in the dark show--I've heard about Brenham's but never seen it, this was so much fun to watch!


day 9:  on Saturday we just had time to hang out at Ronny's with family.  We went out for a while to shop for Operation Christmas Child boxes, which was fun!



Saturday night we celebrated Reagan's 16th birthday.  Oh, how time flies!  



day 10:  we got up and booked it back to Brenham for our lunch and Operation Christmas Child box event at church.  And we won't do that again--the trip home was equally long and not so fun with a deadline on the other end.  BUT, again, it was totally worth it.  

After the event at church, it was back in the car to head to Conroe to see GoGo & Angus & Katie & Johnny & Adam...we hadn't seen some of them since April, the last time we got together at Katie's house.  We had a nice visit, and Noble got to read to GoGo.  :)


day 11:  One of the many things I love about Germania is the fact that they observe Veteran's Day every year.  James had a productive day off and we got to spend some quality time together.  He had a fun photo shoot yesterday evening--here he is with his new assistant.  I suspect this 3 year old will charge less than I do, I may be out of a job!



No comments: