05 November 2012

Update!

My plan was to take all of those bags of shredded paper and my dashed hopes to recycling on Friday.  But, between work and getting ready for camping, I ran out of time.

This morning I thought, I'd better get that to recycling today.  So I went to move the bags to my car, and after touching the first wet bag, remembered that it rained this weekend.  No way was I putting all of that wet stuff in my car, so I tossed that first almost empty bag aside to move the rest outside the gate so I could put them in the truck on James' lunch break.  And when that bag hit the ground, I heard a clink.

So I picked it up and set it down on the ground again--clink.

And it's me, so I did it several more times.  clink.  clink.  clink.  clink.  clink.  clink.  clink.

I held my charm bracelet still in case that's what I was hearing.  Nope.  clink.

I didn't want to get my hopes up after all I went through last week to find that ring.  (Thanks, Heather, btw.)  But I got down on my knees and started digging.  Nothing.  I'd pick the bag up and drop it again to listen for where the sound was coming from.  clink.

I didn't give up.  I kept digging.  Then I started pulling paper OUT of the bag, figuring it'd be easier to clean up my back porch than let that ring go when I was so. close.  clink.

I wanted to give up--for a not very full bag, I was having NO LUCK.  clink. 

But I knew it was in there.

And finally, I found it.

That's better.

All I can figure is that this bag was the VERY. LAST. HANDFUL. of shredded paper from the bags I literally went through shred by shred...and I somehow missed it.  I didn't go over it with the metal detector because I *knew* it was in one of the other 3 bags.

So much for knowing.  I was wrong, and I don't care.  I got my ring back!!!!

No comments: