28 February 2012

Bwessings


I can always count on Noble to both lift my spirits and humble me, and today was no exception.

After I picked him up from school, we had to run to the Post Office (seriously, are we the only ones who still use stamps??).  That's always a fun trip, as there are opportunities for Noble to practice "Ladies first" and using other manners, and then there's the ordering and paying...today we had to let 2 different people go in front of us because Noble was determined to buy stamps from Mr. Monte and only Mr. Monte.  None of this really has anything to do with why I started writing...I just enjoy time with the knucklehead.

On the way home, we drove by a house that has bluebonnets in the yard already.  When I pointed them out (yes, for the second time today), Noble first informed me that we'd already seen that WASTERDAY...and then he kind of sighed, "they're so wucky!"

I was still kind of in Teacher-Mommy mode, so I opened my mouth to find a lesson in his envy.  All I got out was, "well, yes, they're blessed..." and Noble jumped back in:

"Well, yes, they are vewwy bwessed with bwuebonnets.  But that's okay, because we is so bwessed, too!"

I was just about to pat myself on the back when he finished his thought:
"WE is so bwessed with weeds at our house."

We are blessed, indeed, Bub.

No comments: