22 February 2012

40 Days of Reflection

I totally forgot that today was Ash Wednesday until I woke up and checked facebook...oops.  I promptly updated my status to "see you at Easter!", deleted the bookmark and got off the page, fast.

For the past 4 weeks, I've been teaching online.  I've got a 2 week break, then I'll be coordinating another online cycle until July.  What this means is:  I *have* to be online each day to work.  But what it really means is, every time I grab my laptop I drive by facebook, check my blogroll...basically, I kill time.  Which is in waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too short supply around here to be killing.

So, that's as far as I've gotten:  during Lent, no facebook.  I think it will be good for me to actually have to call or text or email the person I need to talk to.  And I need to reclaim that time each day, and give it a new name:  healthy.

Oh, yeah, that--the new year's resolution.  Hmm.  Move every day?  Yeah, no.

But you know, there's always time to change, right?

Crap.  You know what else I just thought of?  I need to say goodbye to soda again...I've been drinking it every single day--do you know how many empty calories that is?  Our recycle bag is full of cans...that NEVER happens, which means there's a problem.

My prayer is that for the next 40 days, I am both more reflective and more productive, and more purposeful than I've been in too long to remember.  Pray with me?  :)

No comments: