08 December 2008

Handprints on the Mirror...

Today's been rough, for some reason--I went to bed bummed and woke up bummed, but had a great morning with Kayci and Noble the homewrecker...all was well until we got back from taking Kayci to school (we went in with her this morning, which always makes ALL of us happy!) and Noble decided not to nap.  Here we are 2 hours later, and he's just going to sleep.  The house is an absolute wreck, which sucks because a) I cleaned before we went to bed last night and b) it's grading day. So, am working on laundry as I can and picking up here and there while playing with/loving on Nobley...he's had quite a morning--unspooled half a roll of toilet paper, dismantled Kayci's Hannah Montana stage, pulled over her Christmas tree...and yes, I do supervise him, but sometimes it's more fun to see what he'll do than it is to pick him up and move him away from a potential mess. :) Oh, and he pulled a bunch of books off of his bookcase, too. And the handprints on the full-length mirror...

A friend of mine from Region 4 is a lady with daughters my age and grandchildren, and she somehow knows just what to say to encourage me.  This is what she just e-mailed...it's simple, we've seen it before, but it's a great reminder.  I COULD clean Noble's handprints off the bathroom mirror, but they'll never be the size they are today, will they?  I'll never have this morning back, so I'm glad I held him and loved him through it rather than closing him off in a room to cry it out...and if you're one of those Moms, more power to you--it's just not my style.  Turns out, stinky Pete had a reason for not being able to sleep...I'm still waiting for the smell to leave the office.  :)

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But every day I'm growing --
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small



Of course, by the time this uploaded he's up again...

No comments: