02 April 2012

Long-Awaited Makeover


Several years ago (like, 10, I think!), we found a motel chair on one of our antique runs.  I can't remember what color it was when we bought it, but I know it was badly in need of some new paint.  My Dad surprised me one day by painting it for me--he painted the whole thing cream (which is my least favorite color in the world, but he was painting something else and thought, why not?--that's just how my Dad rolled).   I remember thanking him, but I don't think I pulled off the sincerity because he soon repainted it for me--bright red.  :)  It didn't feel quite right, but it took me a while to figure out what it was...the chair was all one color.  And for a reason unknown to me, I never fixed it.

And of course, I didn't take a before picture.  Sigh--I'm sure there's one somewhere of this chair just hanging out in our driveway for the past several years, but I'm not in the mood to dig for it.

Last week I grabbed the spray paint and started our spring freshening-up...the deck table and umbrella stand each got a coat of black, and the motel chair finally, finally got the makeover it's needed for years.  The thing is, motel chairs should be bright, shiny colors--but they should also have white legs.  That was the missing piece.  So, I finally made it right.




There's one flower bed that's totally in the shade and we can't really keep anything going there (except this one weird fern...), so I think I'm going to try it out there to fill in the blank spot.  We'll see!

No comments: