13 March 2012

Noble's 4th Bird-Day Party

Noble's 4th birthday party was last Friday.  We did something very different this year--we only invited his school friends.  It was a hard decision, but our parties get SO big between our family & friends & you know, the birthday kid's friends...this seemed like the right thing to do so we could focus on Noble.  We still had 34 people at the party with the rain and all, so I'm glad we cut down the guest list.  :)  The important thing?  The birthday boy had a blast...and really, nothing else matters!

I don't have a lot of words...we've been actively planning since December, and prepping stuff for weeks.  Ironically, the things we started longest ago were the things we finished up just hours before the party--the pig cans.  :)  Would I do it all over again?  You betcha--this was FUN!

This was the idea that started it all...pig cans and angry bird playground balls.  Check it out:  http://craftsbyamanda.com/2011/04/angry-birds-from-cardboard-tubes.html!




When he opened presents the day after the party, Noble unwrapped a couple of the Angry Birds balls that WalMart put out recently...we had to laugh.  The ones Daddy made are pretty awesome, though!


I resisted the urge to make banners for every window and fill the room with balloons (although these 15 went a long way!)...we left the windows open and just put a pig on each window sill.  Easy peasy!







I can't share this enough:  the balloon printables are from an awesome blogger--http://www.thepartyanimal-blog.org/angry-birds-balloons-free-templates/...thanks!






Favors were easy:  golden eggs filled with one of Noble's favorite treats, fruit snacks.  I was pretty proud of my restraint, actually!


I saw awesome cupcakes online, but we didn't want to do fondant.  Kathy took this idea:  http://johnsonslifeonline.blogspot.com/2011/06/slightly-obsessed-with-angry-birds.html
and turned it into...




I was so proud of Bubby:  we went to a party a few weeks ago and as we walked in he said, "I hope (birthday boy) hugs me!"  I don't know where he got that idea, and the birthday boy didn't come up and hug him, but I told Bubby if he would like to be treated that way, I bet his friends would, too.  Over the past couple of weeks we revisited this several times, and sure enough, Noble welcomed his guests and took them around and showed them the games as they arrived.  I was so proud!


I put the art activity (adapted from this awesome blog:  http://craftsbyamanda.com/2011/04/angry-birds-from-cardboard-tubes.html) in as a throw-down in case a bunch of his girl classmates showed up...but I think everyone made at least one bird.  I was surprised!  Now, I don't know how many birds actually made it home with kids...



Think he's happy?  :)

Things got a little messy as the party went on...but wasn't that the point?



I loved, loved the banners this year--I saw several online and intended to do a typical triangle pennant banner...then I saw this blog http://www.livingmividaloca.com/2012/01/angry-birds-4th-birthday-party-part-4.html and fell in love with the simplicity and the POP! of color.  Thanks for the idea!


I had a blast playing with Noble's friends, and it turns out, for most of the games a high-five was all the prize they needed.  Man, I love preschoolers!


Picking the perfect cupcake...


And blowing out the "4" candle!


Kathy Ford gets full credit for the cupcakes--she did a great job!  We kept some of them plain because there's always someone who doesn't like icing...and we had the idea to throw eggs on the chocolate ones so the kids could easily identify chocolate and vanilla.  And they ate the HECK out of the leftover eggs...I didn't know kids like Cadbury Mini Eggs that much!


Things got a little rowdy...





We pulled out some group games a couple of times to calm down the rowdy kiddos.


The aftermath.  :)




At the end of the night, I think it's safe to say:  a good time was had by all.  Happy 4, Bubby!


*Note:  I have tried to credit everyone from my Pinterest with ideas and links to blogs, etc.--if I have missed you, please e-mail me and let me know.  And thanks for the great ideas!

1 comment:

Tracye said...

AWESOME party momma! For a very specila & thankful little man!