27 November 2011

Creative Christmas


When I think of Christmas, I think of the month leading up to Christmas...

...Advent activities (and this year, making our new Advent calendar!)
...spending a month immersed in reminders of what Christmas is really about, and celebrating His birth
...making,
...baking,
...buying,
...and wrapping gifts
...creating,
...sending,
...and receiving Christmas cards
...decorating the house,
...inside and out,
...and the tree
...wrapping books for the knuckleheads to unwrap each day
...watching them decorate their own Christmas trees (guess who's called the pink one this year?!)
...time with friends and family
...Christmas lights
...Christmas traditions
...looking for Taylor the elf each day
...watching Christmas movies
...listening to Christmas songs (especially the ones Kayci plays on the piano!)
...telling stories of Christmases past
...sharing family stories and traditions with Kayci and Noble
...hearing stories about when Daddy was little, and their family traditions
...there's so much to love about this season.

Now that we're back home and Thanksgiving is over, I'm ready for the Christmas season.  But I refuse to be rushed into it...we'll do it one day at a time, and we'll enjoy each day as it comes.  I'm hesitant to let go of the anticipation that comes with Thanksgiving...I'm not in any hurry to get the tree or decorate the house (partially because our house is still TRASHED from Thanksgiving preparations and fun).  I want to hold on to this feeling of something awesome heading our way.

Something awesome is heading our way, and my prayer is that we'll all enjoy the ride this holiday season.  We have so many blessings, so much to be thankful for.  I don't want to lose focus...especially during this season, I want my family to keep first things first:  faith, family and friends.

And I want to keep first things first, too, and not get bogged down in our busy schedule.  Keep me accountable, friends!




No comments: