30 October 2010

View from the Top


Last night we went to the BHS game to see the cheer clinic cuties perform.  The Dallmeyers joined us, and it was a lot of fun.  Heather and I were joking about being back in these stands someday cheering on Mason and Kayci and being the overzealous parents.  Who, us?  (Oh, yeah--I can see it now!)  Anyway, the Cubs dominated the field...and it took me a while to realize what was different about the game.  The view off to our left was awesome--just to the left of the goal post, you can see the Blue Bell sign.  You know why?  There's no jumbo-tron.  I didn't miss it one bit...being there last night reminded me of my high school football games (well, trade the sea of green for red).  It was fun to reminisce, and a little bittersweet.  Simpler times...there's a lot to be said for that.

No comments: