11 October 2010

Unsettled

I woke up 67 minutes ago...the plan?  To write my report before the kids wake up.  Today is parent-conference day, so Kayci's out of school.  I don't know what we're doing after her conference, but I do know that it won't include me sitting in front of my computer, so I was hoping to get my work out of the way.  Ummm...yeah.  There's just so much on my mind this morning!

When James woke me up, I was dreaming the craziest dream, but it somehow snuck into my morning and has just left me feeling unsettled.  I do NOT have OCD, but I do have some OCD tendencies that are enough to drive me (and my poor Boy!) nuts.  One of those is making sure the doors are locked before I can go to sleep.  Poor James--every night, that's one of the last things I say to him, and I can't count how many times he's gotten out of bed and trekked around the house checking doors.  I don't know why HE always does it, since it's my issue...that's love, I guess.

The dream this morning was a variation on one I have a LOT..I was in the house on Grand Oaks, and I was trying to lock up the house for the night and I realized that the lock on the sliding glass door didn't work.  I dream this over and over and over...but as far as I remember, the lock worked.  Isn't that crazy?  So there was that...there were several unsettling elements of the dream, the lock being the one that will drive me nuts, but the one that makes me laugh is how upset I was to walk into my old room and see toys (a kitchen and a train table? among other things)--in my dream, I was just ticked off at myself for holding on to these toys when I'm so good about purging things as we outgrow them.  I could not, for the life of me, think of why I was holding on to toys that I outgrew years ago AND took up most of the room.  :)  What a Kristi dream.

No comments: