23 May 2013

Just keep swimming...

I know May is a busy time for everyone.  I won't be that guy and list everything that's made our May so busy...but this year has been particularly intense.  Yesterday was a HUGE day at work, and when I finally got back into town after 7:30 and went to pick up my kids from Mom, it hit me.  

Today is Noble's last day of preschool.

And in true Kristi form, then it really hit me:  I don't have anything PLANNED!  I didn't make a fun banner for him, I don't have a gift ready...to be honest, I've still got a ton of teacher happys to finish (aiming to leave those at pick up time, thank goodness).  Noble's bff is spending the weekend with us, starting today, so I think that in itself will make it a fun day.  I think I'm going to break one of my rules and take the boys to CiCi's after I pick them up--that will tell Noble it is a very, very special day.  :)  And I hope that's enough, because it's the best I can think of right now.  

As I was sitting on my Mom's couch talking to her and Kayci, I struggled to find the words to express how I feel right now.  The best I can come up with is that right now, it feels like I'm swimming laps in a very, very long pool, and every once in a while I come up for a gulp of air and then hit it again.  

I bet you feel that way right now, too, huh?

image:  Microsoft

Don't get me wrong--I'm not complaining.  I'm loving everything that's going on right now, and I'm taking it a day at a time (a minute at a time, an obligation at a time...).  But I suspect I'll love summer even more.  :)  

No comments: